Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Struggle is Real [#4}

New place, same face.

I have recently made the decision with the help and encouragement of my family, to move to Savannah, GA to take on a steady full time job (answered prayer!!!) and continue school at Armstrong University.  The taste of this idea was delicious, but I am beginning to see that I am a grown up.  I chose this path to explore and get out of the nest, but I have learned that taking on responsibilities and moving away from home is not all fun and games.  When you step out of the boat and away from your safe place, you truly find out who your friends are and most importantly who YOU are.  I have felt new aspirations and have set some new unannounced personal goals that I wouldn't have thought possible just months ago.  Growing up doesn't always have the good and dandy candy.  Pearls aren't made easily, but with great strain and pain from the clam.  I am praying personally that God will allow all of the strain and pain of this 'growing up' experience to be channelled towards something great; something completely God-honoring and tasteful.

With the things that are happening in our world, it is not easy to persevere as a follower of Christ.  Racism, terrorism, and hate of all kinds overflows the cup where Jesus is absent.  This is not good.  The Holy Spirit seems to be preparing to leave this evil rock that we call home.  Revival must happen for His people.  You MUST truly search your heart and see what destination your ticket to eternity has.  The Lord will NOT recognize some who thought they were believers.  Dust off your Bibles and use it because you want to, not because you see it as an obligation.  Get on your knees and stop praying petty prayers for yourself or success, but prayers of salvation and revival for this world.  Jesus gave us the Helper (Holy Spirit) in His absence because we are in desperate need of understanding.  Don't let it go to waste.  Pick up your cross.  Pray for me.  Pray for your brothers and your sisters.  But most importantly pray for the lost.  Do something about it.

This went further than I thought.  I hope and pray that we as God's children will begin to hope and pray for salvation for our blind world.

And I am preaching to the choir. AKA myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment